Education has changed rapidly because of coronavirus. Today more and more people are learning online and also making money. Learning online is affordable and you can learn whenever you want to. Chegg is a platform that has online material which helps students to better understand their subjects. This platform also offers textbook rentals which ultimately save your money. It is helping students in a lot of ways like helping them in writing plagiarism-free content, step-by-step maths solutions, etc. As people need new skills to get jobs nowadays Chegg offers courses to provide skills-based training. A lot of people are wondering how to delete a chegg account. Here is the answer.
Read: How To Delete Gcash Account? 3 Ways To Deactivate Gcash
There can be a lot of reasons why you want to delete Chegg account. Some of them can be:
- You have completed your courses from Chegg and now you don’t want to take more services from Chegg.
- You are receiving promotional emails and that’s irritating you(to prevent this you can take another step, you don’t have to delete your Chegg account).
A question that comes to your mind is,” how can I delete my chegg account?” So here is the process of how to delete a Chegg account:
You can delete Chegg account by two ways: the first option is deleting an account by Chegg’s official website and the second one is sending an email to “delete my chegg account.”
If you are deleting your Chegg account then all your information will be deleted. You can’t use that account again.
The first thing that you should know before deleting your account is you have to cancel all your subscriptions.
Option 1: How to Delete a Chegg account by visiting the official website
Here are the steps that you should follow to delete Chegg account:
- Visit the official website of Chegg and then enter your username and password.
- Close all the active subscriptions as it is necessary before deleting your account.
- Click on “my account” option and after that click on the “contact us/chat” icon button.
- And then click on the “close my account” option.
- If you have any pending subscriptions, close them by clicking on “cancel my subscription” before clicking on close my account.
- They will ask you questions like why do you want to delete your account so genuinely answer those questions and tell them “I want to delete my chegg account.”
Read: Snapchat Emojis Meanings : Fruit, Horoscope, Purple Symbol
Option 2: How to delete a Chegg account by sending an email
You should follow the process given below to delete Chegg account by sending an email:
- The first thing that you have to remember is to try to send the email which you have registered with Chegg. Although you can send email via any account that you would like to.
- But the very essential thing is that you have to mention all your details in the email that you are sending.
- The email that you have to request for deleting your account is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be clear with the subject of the email. You can add the subject like the request for deletion of the chegg account.
- When you send an email be clear with the questions like why do you wanna delete your Chegg account.
Example: I am a registered user of Chegg and due to xyz reasons, I wanna delete my Chegg account. I plead you to delete my Chegg account. Thank you! You can write your body section of the email like this. This is just an example you don’t have to follow this format.
For this method too, you have to close all pending subscriptions.
Read: 13 Alternatives Of Coke And Popcorn: Working Streaming Movie And TV Show Sites
Now a question that comes to your mind is, “How can you close your subscriptions?”. Here is the answer:
Following are the steps that you should follow to close your pending subscriptions:
- Go to the Chegg “Orders and Payment history page” or there is also another option that you can follow to close your subscription: log in to your Chegg account, go to my account option and then click on orders.
- In “All orders” option, you will see a section of subscriptions.
- Then select the subscriptions that are pending because to close your account it is necessary to close all your pending subscriptions. Confirm your choice and then click on cancel my subscription.
Once you cancel all active subscriptions please cross-check that. Because if your all subscriptions and transactions are not canceled then Chegg will automatically cancel your request to delete your account.
Chegg support team can also help you to deactivate chegg account. You can contact them through social media. You can ask them ” how can I deactivate Chegg account?”. They will help you in deleting your account
I wish this article would help you to delete/ deactivate Chegg account.